1. Definitions and Interpretations: In these Conditions, Privacy Statement, Disclaimer Notice and any or all alternative Agreements, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- “CiQ”, “Course iQ” or “The Company”, “We” and “Us” means Course IQ Ltd, whose principal office is at: 67 Norfolk Road, Ilford, Essex IG3 8LJ.
- The “Client” or “You” means the person, company or other legal entity identified as providing a request to Course iQ to supply Services and accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- “Delegate” means the person attending the training event
- “Services” means the goods or services to be provided by Course iQ to the Client under the terms of the contract and “Services” shall be construed accordingly.
- “Confirmation Date” means the date when all the following apply: – A request to supply Services has been received from the Client by Course iQ either via a Booking Form or written/email instruction to procure the course – CiQ has confirmed to the Client that the course or other Services requested are available – Payment has been received or alternative payment method agreed
- “Contract” means the contract between Course iQ and the Client under which the Services are to be supplied by Course iQ to the Client
- “Training Provider” or “Supplier” means the company delivering a course when this is not Course iQ
- “Working Day (s)” means every day of the week apart from Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays. This is, unless otherwise stated in correspondence, related to UK working days.
- “Intellectual Property” includes all training materials, course manuals, inventions, patent applications, granted patents, registered and unregistered designs, copyright works, trademarks and “confidential information”.
- “Booking Form” refers to the paperwork containing details of the course used for confirmation
- “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves
- “Course” means the training course or event, which CiQ procures, for the Client as described on the Booking Form.
- “Public Course” or “Open Event” refers to a scheduled training event by a training provider attended by any delegate that meets its pre-requisites.
- “Closed Course” refers to any training event dedicated to and specifically organised for your delegates, whether at your location or a public training venue.
- “CiQ-Card” refers to a licence or training voucher agreement of multiple courses secured with Course iQ. They allow You to secure budget to book specific course areas as stated on the Card or agreement, and at the rates specified on the agreement. These must be spent within one year of confirmation and can be used with pre-specified training partners who deliver those course areas.
- “Course Fee” means the price of the Course set out on the Booking Form, which excludes VAT.
- “Website” means www.course-iq.com or www.course-iq.co.uk.
2. Service & Provision of Information about the Course
- The information about the courses (including if applicable any associated services) is provided on this site by Course iQ in good faith and has been provided by the training provider. Therefore all products and services procured through Course iQ are not an offer by us to you, but an invitation for you to make an offer to our Training Providers and Partners through us.
- By agreeing to these terms, you agree that any representation about the courses is the representation of the training provider and that Course iQ does not accept any responsibility or incur any liability for that information. In the event of any dispute concerning the information provided via the website, Course iQ’s only obligation shall be to provide a certified copy of the information relating thereto as provided to Course iQ by the training provider and subject always to the removal of any confidential material by Course iQ.
- The information on the site may be altered without notice at the discretion of Course iQ and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the up to date information on the site. In the event that the price or nature of the course changes after you have placed your booking then you will be given the opportunity to cancel the booking and will receive a full refund.
- CiQ agrees that on the Client submitting a Booking Form and paying the Course Fee to CiQ, we shall procure the Course as agent for the Course Provider.
- In consideration for Course iQ procuring the Course for the Client, the Client agrees that CiQ may retain any discount that we are able to negotiate from the fee that the Course Provider would ordinarily charge for supplying the Course or alternatively such administrative charge as Course iQ and the Client have agreed in writing.
- CiQ reserve the right to cancel or arrange an alternative date for a course if required. In such circumstances Course iQ will endeavour to provide notice of cancellation or change to the Client. In the event of cancellation the Client will be entitled to a full refund of the course fee but Course iQ shall not be liable for any other loss or expense arising.
- CiQ shall use all reasonable skill and care to procure the Course, however all conditions and warranties expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular and without limitation, Course iQ does not give any warranties as to the quality or content of the Course. For the avoidance of doubt, Course iQ’s obligations shall be limited to procuring the Course for the Client.
- As your contract is with the Training Provider, the Client must notify the Supplier of any concerns over the quality of the Course in writing no later than 10 days after the Course ended. Course iQ will however work with You to ensure the right outcome is reached.
3. Prices & Payment
- The price payable for the Services shall be the quoted price of Course iQ at the Confirmation Date unless otherwise stated.
- The price does not include travel, accommodation, meals or other related expenses unless explicitly stated.
- All prices are exclusive of Value Added Tax and this will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- Invoices are required to be paid within 15 working days from the date of issue. Invoices issued within 15 working days of course commencement must be fully paid at least 5 working days prior to course commencement unless otherwise discussed and stated in writing by a senior member of the Course iQ team.
- If you fail to make any payments when within the above timescales, we reserve the right to cancel the training event with the Training Provider or levy a late payment charge.
- Cash or Personal Cheque with Bankers Card, major Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full 15 working days prior to course commencement. All goods remain the property of Course iQ until paid for in full. Monies that remains outstanding by the due date may incur a late payment fee as outlined above. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
- Returned cheques will incur a £25 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future cash transactions only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
4. Booking Procedure & Support
- Your contract will be with the training provider and you agree that, notwithstanding any contrary agreement between Course iQ and any course provider, you shall treat Course iQ as your agent in facilitating the booking of courses.
- Bookings will be accepted by signing our booking forms or an email accepting a sent booking form. Upon completing the booking form (or sending us any non-online booking), you will be deemed to have read and agreed to accept both these terms and conditions and those of the course provider which are available upon request. Any such booking is provisional and your booking is subject to confirmation by us, payment by you and availability of places.
- After we receive your booking, we will process your booking as quickly as we can and provide you with confirmation that we are doing so, within 24 hours. We are not liable for any failure to receive your booking and if you do not receive our acknowledgement of your booking within 24 hours you should contact Course iQ again.
- As Course iQ act as an agent, this means that we have no contractual liability to you in respect of the Courses, except in relation to misrepresentation or where we have been negligent. The Client acknowledges that any claim or other right of action which it may have in relation to its contractual arrangements or the performance of obligations generally shall be against the Training Provider. If you are contracting as a consumer, your consumer rights are unaffected.
- Course iQ will make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide support facilities (by telephone and email) to assist you in relation to your bookings during normal office hours of 9am to 5.30pm (excluding reasonable lunch periods) Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- Any course cancelled by the Client four weeks prior to course commencement will not incur any charges and can be fully refunded unless otherwise stated upon booking. The Client must notify Course iQ in writing as soon as possible.
- If cancelling a course booking within one month of course commencement, the Client must acknowledge that it may be liable to pay any cancellation fees or Course Fees as stipulated by the Training Provider. These vary from provider to provider. This is the case even if the course has not been paid for by the Client but has been booked and confirmed.
- Course iQ reserves the right to cancel or procure an alternative date for the Course for any reason. In such circumstances, CiQ will reasonably endeavour to provide notice of cancellation or change to the Client, except in an emergency.
- The Client will be entitled to a full refund of the Course Fee to the extent that the Client has paid the Course Fee if Course iQ cancels the Course but Course iQ shall not be liable for any other loss or expenses to the Client arising out of the cancellation.
- CiQ reserves the right to cancel the Course without any liability if the Client fails to pay the Course Fee in accordance with Condition 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Privacy & Confidentiality
- Course iQ is registered with the United Kingdom Data Protection Registrar and your personal data is held in accordance with the Data Protection legislation currently in force in England. As part of the booking process, Course iQ collects personal data concerning you and your use of the web-site. Course iQ agrees not to pass your information on to any third parties, except to the degree necessary to any provider of training events you have indicated a desire to attend and you are deemed by consenting to these terms and conditions to have consented to this exchange of information (which may be an exchange of information outside the European Economic Area).
- From time to time, you agree that Course iQ may provide to your email address details of special offers relating to courses on offer in accordance to traffic-data provided from your use of the site or as a result of your registered details. In the event that Course iQ considers it necessary to contact you by email, post or telephone in relation to any booking made by you, you consent that they may do so.
- You also consent that we may track your use of the site and use any cookies or personal data for the provision of demographic information of an aggregated and collective nature for our own analysis of training trends, site usage and other similar research and statistics. You also consent that we may share this with third parties in an anonymous format that does not allow you to be identified.
- Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services.
- Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
- All Intellectual Property associated with the Course Materials remains the property of the Course Provider.
- Where Services are distance learning products then the Client shall abide by all reasonable terms of any licence agreement applicable.
- We cannot control the use of your confidential information by the training provider, however have an agreement in place with them to ensure they adhere to our terms as a Supplier. Any contact or misuse from them we will take very seriously.
- Where Services are certified training courses, the Client consents to allow CiQ full access to examination results arising from their bookings. This information will be used in accordance with the requirements of relevant data protection legislation. The data will only be used to evaluate effectiveness of training and to assist Course iQ in providing advice to its clients.
- Any typographical clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, administrative documentation, course materials, invoice or other document or information issued by Course iQ or its Training Providers shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of CiQ.
- No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Course iQ.
- The use of our Website constitutes acceptance of these Conditions. The information contained on our Website is provided in good faith on an “as is” basis. The information is believed to be accurate and current at the date the information was placed on this Website. We do not make any representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Website (including in relation to any products or services) except for representations and warranties that are implied into these Conditions by law. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from or through this Website creates any warranty not expressly made in Conditions.
- CiQ may assign or sub-contract the whole or any part of the Contract to any person, firm or company.
- These Terms and Conditions expressly exclude any right afforded the Training Provider or any other third party pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Course iQ shall not be liable for the following loss or damage howsoever caused even if foreseeable by CiQ: loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings, loss of data, whether sustained by the Client or another person, and/or indirect or consequential loss (other than direct physical damage to the tangible property of the Client) whether suffered by the Client or another person and the Client indemnifies and shall hold Course iQ harmless against all claims by the Training Provider.
- The Contract shall only become effective at the Confirmation Date.
- The Client shall not assign or transfer this contract or any interest in it without CiQ’s prior written consent.
- Course iQ shall not be liable for failure to supply any Course under these Conditions due to a cause beyond its or its Training Providers’ reasonable control.
- The invalidity or unenforceability for any reason of any condition, sub-clause or paragraph of these Terms and Conditions shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
- During the term of the Contract and for a period of 12 months thereafter, the Client shall not directly or indirectly employ or solicit for employment any employees of Course iQ or its Training Providers.
- We use IP addresses to administer the site, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and track user’s movement. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. Never is this information shared with third parties and is used only on a need-to-know basis.
- Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of third party sites. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of those sites.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8. Intellectual Property
- Except where otherwise identified the programming and images are the copyrights of Course iQ Ltd. Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
- This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of Course iQ in the United Kingdom and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trade marked
- Course material may be subject to trademark and copyright restrictions imposed by the training provider.
- CiQ shall have no liability for infringement of intellectual property relating to the course and shall have the right in the event that it is notified that any course infringes any party’s intellectual property to do all or some of the following at its sole discretion: (i) obtain an appropriate right to permit Course iQ to continue the distribution of the Training Event, (ii) offer to substitute other Training Events with similar capabilities, (iii) modify the Training Event so that it is no longer infringing, (iv) issue a refund of the applicable purchase price of the Training Event and cancel the Event, and/or (v) remove the applicable Training Event from web-site portal.
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and Course iQ. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.